Highlands United Methodist Church is an inclusive community of faith that values the role of music in our weekly worship. We are currently seeking a new collaborative pianist and/or organist for one rehearsal and one service per week. Ability to play the organ is a plus, though not required. See below for more details:
– Weekly time commitment is Sundays 9-11am (year-round) and Wednesdays 7 to 8:30pm (September-May)
– Accompanies choral, congregational, and solo singing, provides transitional music during the service
– Strong sight-reading skills, experience as a choral accompanist
– Should feel comfortable playing in a wide variety of styles – classical, hymns (traditional and contemporary), gospel, etc.
– Contract position, paid per rehearsal and service; extra pay for additional services
– Starting date of Sunday, July 2nd, 2017
– Vibrant worship is a main focus of this growing congregation that values inclusion and openness
– The church is located in the Highlands neighborhood of NW Denver, at 32nd Ave. & Osceola St.
Interested candidates should send a resume and any questions to Brad@HighlandsUMC.com.